- Curious cat is a Q&A social network used by more than one and a half million people every day, where you can ask and receive questions, sometimes anonymously.
- I cofounded Curious Cat 2016, and we were acquired by Vonvon Inc two years after. I'm currently working at Vonvon, developing Curious Cat and other projects
- Scaling was one of the main challenges, but with horizontally scaling PHP servers, and a memcached layer in front of a MariaDB database it currently serves +2B requests per month
I started programming at age 11, and taught myself how to code to be able to bring my ideas into life. After pursuing a CS degree for a couple of years, I decided that it's slow pace and outdated lessons were not worth my time and effort, and dropped out to pursue my career.
I mainly deliver using common web technologies (Vue, React, PHP, Node.js...); But I always enjoy trying new things
- Brawlmance provides statistics for the videogame Brawlhalla
- It has mantained a small but steady user base (~250 users/day) for a couple of years, mainly coming from search engines
- It crawls 500k players every day, and keeps track of the global trends
- Conway Engine: A moderately performant engine for Conway's Game of Life
- Node Image Hash: Perceptual image hash for node.js
- JS Launchpad: Library that uses the Web MIDI API to interact with the Launchpad Mk1
- The nipple game: They aren't that different
- DVD: Videogames!
- My mother tongues are Spanish and Galician, but I also speak English at a professional level. (And I understand Portuguese fairly well!!)
- I was born in 1997, and grew up in a tiny town in Galicia, Spain
- Co-founded a web hosting service (I'm no longer involved, tho)
- Worked as a freelancer since 16, for different local business and multinational corporations