Developer at vonvon inc [2018 – 2020]
- Developed new features for CuriousCat, and kept an availability of 99.9%
- Helped increase ad revenue by working with different partners and running experiments
- Developed multiple other social websites/apps, like Beacon
Technical Cofounder at CuriousCat [2016 – 2018]
- CuriousCat is a Q&A social network used by more than one and a half million people every day, where you can ask and receive questions, sometimes anonymously.
- I cofounded CuriousCat in 2016, and we were acquired by Vonvon Inc two years after.
- Scaling was one of the main challenges, as we sometimes reached +40k concurrent users. It currently serves +2B requests per month.
Freelance Developer at Webmonster [2014 – 2017]
- I did freelance work for multiple multinationals and local companies
I started programming at age 11, and taught myself how to code. I pursued a CS degree for a couple of years, but ultimately decided to drop out to focus on my projects.
I mainly deliver using common technologies (Vue, React, PHP, Node.js...) But I also love trying new things (Like Rust)
Incomplete list of things I'm skilled in:
- Frontend: Vue, React, React Native, Redux, Webpack, SASS
- Backend: PHP, Node.js, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux, Redis, Memcached, AWS
- Languages: Native Spanish, Professional English
- Personal skills: Remote work, Independent, Empathy, Work Ethic
👨🔧 Personal projects
- Brawlmance provides statistics for the videogame Brawlhalla
- It has mantained a small but steady user base for many years, mainly from recurring users and search engines
- It crawls millions of players every day, and keeps track of the global trends
- react-native-web-refresh-control: An implementation of React Native's RefreshControl for web, since react-native-web does not provide one at the moment
- Valentine Cards Bot: Anonymous valentine cards! Twitter Bot where you can send virtual valentine cards using a web interface. +30k cards sent
Conway Engine: A performant JS engine for Conway's Game of Life
- Node Image Hash: Perceptual image hash for node.js
- JS Launchpad: Library that uses the Web MIDI API to interact with the Launchpad Mk1